Charleston Gas Line Repair
Prioritizing Safety for Your Family in the Tri-County Area
Gas lines can be damaged for a number of reasons. Gas lines are under pressure, so the pressure needs to be released before any repairs can be made. This can be done by calling a licensed plumber to come out and perform the repairs for you.
Purpose Plumbing offers gas line repair in Charleston, as well as Mount Pleasant, Summerville, and throughout the Tri-County Area. Our experienced plumbers can determine the best way to repair your gas line so that you can get your gas service back as quickly as possible.
Get in touch with us at (843) 793-0461 if you are looking to have your gas line repaired or replaced.
Common Types of Gas Line Damage
There are a number of ways that your gas line can be damaged. Gas lines are typically made of steel, but occasionally they can be made of other materials. If you are not sure what kind of gas line you have, you should contact your gas company to determine this.
There are a number of ways that your gas line can be damaged, including:
- Pinhole leaks– These leaks are difficult to detect, but if you smell gas, it's important to get the gas shut off and call a professional. A pinhole leak is a small leak that can develop in the gas line and is typically due to corrosion.
- Physical damage– The gas line can be damaged by a physical impact, such as structural damage or shifting in the earth. Physical damage to the gas line can also occur if the line is not properly secured to the house.
- Corrosion– Gas lines can corrode over time, especially if they are made of steel. If you notice that the color of your gas line is changing, it may be due to corrosion.
Signs You Need Gas Line Repair
If you notice that you have a leak in your gas line, it's important to get the gas shut off right away. If you smell gas, you should also call your gas company. If you notice any of the following signs of a gas leak, it's important to call for gas line repair in Charleston.
Look for the following signs that you may have a gas leak:
- You smell gas – If you smell gas, it's important to get the gas shut off and call a professional. You should also call your gas company, as they will need to come out and make sure that the leak is fixed.
- Damaged or discolored gas line – If you notice that your gas line is damaged or discolored, it may be due to a leak.
- Frequent gas bill increases – If you notice that your gas bill is increasing but you haven't used any more gas than usual, it could be due to a leak.
Contact Purpose Plumbing Today
If you need gas line repair in Charleston, our experienced plumbers can come out and perform an inspection to determine the best way to repair your gas line. We can also help you make sure that the gas line is properly secured so that you don't experience another leak in the future.
"The price was fair and the service was fast. I will use them now for all my plumbing needs going forward. Can't miss their trucks either. ;)"- Terry J.
"I called the number and was given a time that someone would be at the house. Louis came early and was very professional... We have definitely found our Plumber!!"- Judy B.
"Thank Yooouuu, Louis For Your Patience & Awesome Job @ My Home Today! I have A Plumbing Company for Sure in Purpose Plumbing!"- A S.
"This company gets a 10/10 for me! Everything has been working PERFECTLY too since this happened. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs plumbing work!"- Devin H.
"Chris was very professional, on-time and did a great job!"- Jane A.
"Thank you, Purpose Plumbing, for your professionalism. Our technician was ON TIME for our appointment time, and he repaired our problem quickly."- Lisa M.
"The plumbers were cordial and expert. They performed their task quickly and professionally."- Robert C
"Installed a natural gas line for a gas grill. Reasonable quote and easy to work with. Will definitely use them again."- Phil P.