Charleston Water Heater Services
Fast & Affordable Repair, Installation & Replacement
Does your water heater need repair? Are you looking for a water heater installation or replacement in the Tri-County Area? Purpose Plumbing is the company to call for fast, reliable, and affordable water heater services. We have been providing outstanding plumbing services to our customers for years, and our team of highly trained and certified plumbers can handle any job, from small repairs to complete installations and replacements.
How Long Do Water Heaters Last?
The average water heater lasts about 10-12 years, but this can vary depending on the type of water heater, how well it is maintained, and other factors. If you are considering a new water heater, it is important to know that the life of your new water heater will be shorter than the one you are replacing.
Types of Water Heaters
There are several different types of water heaters available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Some of the common types are:
- Tank type water heaters - Tank water heaters are the most common type of water heater and are usually located in the basement or a utility room. As the name suggests, the water is stored in a tank and is heated by an element. Tank water heaters have an average lifespan of 10-12 years.
- On-demand or tankless water heaters - An on-demand water heater is a type of tank water heater that only heats the water when you need it. This helps to save energy since the water heater does not need to constantly heat water that is not being used. On-demand water heaters are more expensive to install than a traditional tank water heater, but can save you money on your utility bills.
- Electric water heaters - An electric water heater is powered by electricity and heats the water using a heating element. Electric water heaters are usually less expensive to install than other types of water heaters, but they can be more expensive to run.
- Gas water heaters - A gas water heater heats the water using a natural gas flame. Gas water heaters tend to be more expensive to install than other types of water heaters and can be more expensive to run. However, the initial cost is offset by a longer lifespan of 15-18 years.
When to Replace a Water Heater
A water heater can last for a long time, but eventually, it will need to be replaced.
If you notice any of the following issues, it may be time to replace your water heater:
- Rusty water - If you notice rust in your water, it is time to at least inspect your water heater. A water heater that is rusted out can start to leak, which can lead to other issues and expensive repairs.
- Noisy water heater - If your water heater is making loud banging noises, it is probably worn out. As water heaters age, the insulation around the tank deteriorates, causing the tank to vibrate and make noise.
- Low water temperature - If your water is not as hot as it used to be, it may be time to replace your water heater. Over time, the heating elements in your water heater can lose their ability to heat water to a certain temperature.
- Water leaks - A water heater that is leaking can cause significant damage to your home. If you notice water on the floor around your water heater, it may be time to replace the unit.
No matter what kind of issues your system may be having, our Charleston water heater repair specialists are here to help! Call (843) 793-0461 today to get started.
“The price was fair and the service was fast. I will use them now for all my plumbing needs going forward. Can't miss their trucks either. ;)”- Terry J.
“I called the number and was given a time that someone would be at the house. Louis came early and was very professional... We have definitely found our Plumber!!”- Judy B.
“Thank Yooouuu, Louis For Your Patience & Awesome Job @ My Home Today! I have A Plumbing Company for Sure in Purpose Plumbing!”- A S.
“This company gets a 10/10 for me! Everything has been working PERFECTLY too since this happened. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs plumbing work!”- Devin H.
“Chris was very professional, on-time and did a great job!”- Jane A.
“Thank you, Purpose Plumbing, for your professionalism. Our technician was ON TIME for our appointment time, and he repaired our problem quickly.”- Lisa M.
“The plumbers were cordial and expert. They performed their task quickly and professionally.”- Robert C
“Installed a natural gas line for a gas grill. Reasonable quote and easy to work with. Will definitely use them again.”- Phil P.